My neighbours have their own vegetable garden and they gifted me with this giant courgette so naturally I had to make something delicious out of it!! The fritters lasted about 30 seconds before I inhaled them all!!
2 large Salmon darns
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp hot chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp olive oil
1 Courgette – or in my case 1/4 of a giant one!!
Sprinkle of black pepper
2 tbsp coconut oil
Lemon twist to serve
- Rinse off the salmon and pat dry with some kitchen roll. Rub the olive oil into the salmon and set aside.
- Mix the spices and rub them into the salmon – leave to marinade for approx 20 minutes, the longer the better.
- Using a food processor or grater shred the courgette and add to a large bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt (optional).
- Add the courgette to a colander, place the bowl on top and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the courgette back in the bowl and in the egg and black pepper.
- Heat a pan with the coconut oil until very hot.
- Using a large metal spoon portion out the courgette and add to the pan, I did mine two at a time.
- Cook on high for 1-2 mins, reduce the heat and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Flip the fritters and repeat on the opposite side.
- When you are on your last batch of fritters place your salmon on the grill for 4 minutes – I used a George Foreman. Alternatively you can bake it in the oven on a piece of parchment at 200°c for 8 minutes.
- Plate up, add the lemon twist and enjoy!