This Asian Slaw is the perfect accompaniment to any meal or even in a lunch box on the go! Just the right amount of everything!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
1 head of red cabbage
1/2 head of white cabbage
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp agave nectar (omit for whole 30)
Zest and juice of 2 limes
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red chili, diced, seeds included
1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
Handful or sesame seeds
A few leaves of fresh coriander and mint to garnish
- Begin by grating the carrot & cabbage – I did this in a food processor to save time!
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, lime zest, chili and ginger.
- Add the sesame oil, lime juice, agave and coconut aminos. Heat gently for 1-2 minutes until the flavours have infused.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage and carrot and mix thoroughly.
- Scatter the sesame seeds and herbs on top, serve with some extra lime wedges if desired and enjoy!