I am absoluely in love with this Teriyaki sauce at the moment! Salmon is also one of my absolute favourite things so this really is a match made in heaven! I teamed mine with some fresh, crispy iceberg lettuce and it was perfect!!
There’s also so much sauce so don’t be shy – double up on the salmon and serve for more people! Or drizzle any left over sauce on your lettuce insead!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo and can be adapted to Whole30
For the sauce:
1/3 cup of honey (sub orange juice for whole30)
1/3 cup of coconut aminos
1 tbsp vinegar (either white wine or apple cider)
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 red chili, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
2 salmons darns
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Whisk all of the sauce incredients together and add them to a saucepan over a medium heat. Allow the mixture to come to the boil before reducing to a simmer for 8-10 minutes until it is nice and thick.
- In the meantime heat your grill/broiler to high.
- Place the salmon darns in an oven proof dish and once the sauce has thickened, pour it over them and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place under the grill/broiler for 6-8 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and enjoy!