One Pot Chili Con Carne
I absolutely love making a huge pot of Chili Con Carne during wet and windy weeks. The leftovers are great for lunch on the go and with so many side dish options you definitely won’t get bored!
My top ways to have this chili:
In a bowl with some cauliflower rice or zoodles with some sliced avocado on top
For lunch the next day with some broccoli
Or if you’re looking for the ultimate comfort food – serve inside a baked sweet potato for the ultimate indulgence!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
500g beef mince
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp hot chili powder
1 tbsp chipotle smoked chili flakes
2 red onions, finely chopped
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can of tinned tomatoes (400g)
1 can tomato purée (142g)
¼ cup of vegetable stock
- Heat a large pot with some coconut oil and sauté the onions and garlic until they starts to become translucent.
- Add in the pepper and the spices and cook until tender.
- Break up the mince and add to the pot.
- Once it has begun to brown add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and stock to the pan and heat for 2-3 minutes until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the mince is full cooked and the sauce has thickened.