My take on a classic, this Chicken Piccata looks serious impressive when it’s served up but in actual fact takes next to no time to prep and cook! I’m currently obsessed with capers – they make this dish!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Chicken PiccataPrint This
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 4 slices of lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 150ml chicken stock
- 30g (1/4 cup) ground almonds
- 2-3 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- Salt and black pepper
- Place the ground almonds in a bowl and season, coat the chicken in the almond until lightly covered all over.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and then add the chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Add the ghee to the pan and allow to melt, then add shallots & garlic and saute down for 2-3 minutes before adding the stock and lemon slices.
- Next, add the capers and cook until the sauce is reduced by about half.
- Add the chicken back to the pan for 2-3 minutes and cover in the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!