I absolutely adore homemade curry! This Wonky Veg Curry is packed full of flavour and so nutritious! It is perfect as a meal by itself and also incredible with some spinach stirred through at the end for an extra boost of goodness!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
2 red onions, finely sliced
2 bell peppers, finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 red chili, finely sliced
1 tbsp ground turmeric
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 aubergine, cubed
2 small or one large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 a cauliflower, separated into florets
1 x 400g can of coconut milk
1/4 cup crunchy almond butter
- In a large wok heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the spices and mix until the onions are nice and coated, then add in 1/4 cup of water to create the curry paste.
- After about 1-2 minutes, when the onions have started to become translucent add in the garlic and chili.
- Allow the onions and spices to cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the aubergine.
- Once the aubergine has started to soften add in the rest of the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Give everything a good stir and add in the coconut milk, stirring again until it has fully combined, followed by the almond butter.
- Allow the mixture to come to a gentle boil (you want it to start to bubble slightly around the edges) before reducing the heat and simmering for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are nice and soft and the sauce is rich and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!