Bacon and Mustard Asparagus
Bacon and Mustard Asparagus – the perfect side dish with two of my favourite things – bacon and asparagus! This is a great little dish for a big family dinner – pop it in the oven and let it do it’s thing!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
2 large bunches of asparagus
4 slices of bacon, cut into strips
1/2 tbsp whole grain mustard
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp olive oil
Sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus and place on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, mustard, garlic and lemon juice.
- Scatter the bacon pieces over the asparagus and season with the salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the oil mixture and toss the asparagus around until each piece is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the bacon is nice and crispy and the asparagus is cooked to your liking!
- Serve and enjoy!