Coconut Prawn Curry
My mum made a delicious prawn curry for dinner recently and I just couldn’t wait to try one out myself afterwards! This Coconut Prawn Curry is so light and full of flavour, perfect for a summer supper!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
280g of raw king prawns
3 large shallots, finely sliced
2 peppers, finely sliced
3 spring onions, finely sliced
2 beef tomatoes, cut into 8ths
2 Kaffir lime leaves
1 stick of lemongrass
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 green chili, finely sliced
2cm piece of ginger, grated
2 tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp paprika
2 x 400g tins of coconut milk
Large handful of fresh coriander (plus extra to garnish)
Juice of one lime
- In a large saucepan heat 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Add the shallots and saute until they start to soften.
- Once the shallots have begun to turn slightly golden, add the lemon grass, garlic, ginger, chili, spring onion and lime leaves.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes before adding in the chili flakes and paprika, mix thoroughly.
- Add the coconut milk to the saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Simmer for 6-8 minutes before adding the peppers, lime juice and tomatoes.
- Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes before turning up the heat and adding the prawns.
- Once the prawns turn pink (after about 1 minute) remove from the heat, stir in the coriander and serve.