Chicken Teriyaki – I am absolutely in love with this Teriyaki sauce at the moment! It’s also amazing with Salmon which makes for a fab lunch!! What I love about this version is that it is the perfect Saturday night fakeaway!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
400g chicken cut into strips
1 white onion, sliced
2 peppers, sliced
For the sauce:
1/3 cup of honey (sub orange juice for whole30)
1/3 cup of coconut aminos
1 tbsp vinegar (either white wine or apple cider)
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 red chili, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together and add them to a saucepan over a medium heat. Allow the mixture to come to the boil before reducing to a simmer for 8-10 minutes until it is nice and thick.
- Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a large pan or wok and brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until golden, then add in the peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, once it is almost fully cooked add in the sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from the heat and plate up with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some spring onions, enjoy!!