This recipe is a little bit of a play on my Triple Chocolate Protein brownies! Candied walnuts are my latest obsession…! They are phenomenal on top of salads as well!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup almond butter
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
75g of dark chocolate
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/4 cup of honey
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/356°F.
- Combine all of the ingredients bar the honey, chocolate and walnuts in your mixer.
- Chop 50g of the chocolate into small chunks and half of the walnuts, and add to your mixture.
- Place the mixture in a silicone or parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In the mean time place the remaining walnuts in a small pan with the honey and heat until the honey starts to bubble.
- Place the walnuts on a piece of parchment and allow to cool until your brownies are fully cooked.
- Test to see if it is fully cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre, if it comes out clean its good to go! If not return to the oven for another few minutes and check again.
- Remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the remaining dark chocolate and decorate the brownies with the candied walnuts before cutting into brownies.
- Serve and enjoy!