Happy Monday! Today I’m sharing my Slow Cooker Beef Stew – with winter just around the corner it’s time to dust off those slow cookers.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Slow Cooker Beef StewPrint This
- 2kg shoulder beef, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely sliced
- 700-750ml beef stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt & pepper
- Heat some oil in a large pot and brown the meat in two batches with a pinch of coarse salt.
- Remove and add to your slow cooker.
- Add another dash of oil to the pan and fry off the onion, carrots and celery, along with the garlic before adding to your slow cooker.
- Pour in enough stock so that everything is nicely covered in liquid then add the bay leaf and season to taste.
- Cook gently on medium for about 6-8 hours until the liquid has reduced and the meat is tender.
- Serve and enjoy!