The Perfect Grilled Salmon
It’s officially Summer and along with that comes BBQ season! This grilled salmon is a huge crowd pleaser, takes next to no time to prepare and cook, but most of all is simply delicious!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
2 large Salmon darns
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp hot chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp olive oil
2 Iceberg lettuce cups
2 large handfuls of mixed leaves
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/4 cucumber, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar
Pinch of sesame seeds
- Rinse off the salmon and pat dry with some kitchen roll.
- In a large bowl combine the spices and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Rub the marinade into the salmon – leave to marinade for approx 20 minutes, the longer the better.
- Heat up your BBQ or Griddle pan and sear the salmon for approx 3 minutes a side, until cooked to your liking.
- In a small bowl toss the mixed leaves in the balsamic, olive oil, and the juice of half of the lime.
- Place the leaves in the lettuce cups and top with the avocado, cucumber and red peppers.
- Place the salmon on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds, serve with the left over lime wedges and enjoy!