How to make crispy sweet potato fries – every time! You probably won’t believe me when I say that the secret to great sweet potato fries is 50% in the cutting and 50% in the cooking!! Cut them too thick and they will be soggy, too thin and they will burn.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole30.
2-3 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
large pinch of coarse sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F,
- Slice the sweet potato into fries. You want then to be about 1.5-2cm wide.
- In a large bowl add the olive oil and the sweet potato, toss until nicely coated and sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Lay out on a large baking tray ensuring that they fries have enough space – over crowding your tray will result in soggy fries and we can’t have that!!
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until nice and crispy, tossing after 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and you’re ready to serve!