Crispy Chicken Legs
I absolutely love chicken legs, they have an amazing flavour and can often be overlooked! This is the perfect dish to meal prep, you can team it with absolutely everything from sweet potato fries to zoodles!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
2 bone in skin on chicken legs (500g)
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Coarse salt & cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190°c/375°F.
- Heat a large frying pan with 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and fry off the chicken for 2-3 minutes until the skin in crisp and golden.
- While the chicken is crisping melt the remainder of the coconut oil and mix in with the spices, salt & pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Baste the chicken with the spice mix and place in for 35-40 minutes until fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked all the way through switch your oven to the grill/broiler function and allow the skin to crisp up for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with your favourite sides!