Perfectly Paleo Sushi
Since going paleo there have been few foods that I’ve craved, however, over the last week or so I’ve been dying to get my hands on some sushi! I’m also a huge fan of mooli wraps, so the inspiration for this paleo friendly “sushi” mainly came from them! It’s so simple to make, yet it looks ridiculously impressive!
1/8 of a Cucumber
1/4 Red Pepper
Your choice of meat/seafood: I went with a darn salmon baked in lemon juice, garlic and pepper.
- Ribbon the courgette with the peeler and roll into small tubes
- Peel the carrot, chop it in half and then peel the flat side of the half to make ribbons, don’t worry if they aren’t perfect they don’t need to be!
- Cut off the skin of the cucumber and slice it into small strips
- Chop the pepper into small strips
- Flake the salmon (or prepare whatever you have chosen)
- Lay out a courgette ribbon, place some carrot strips on top
- Stack 3-4 pieces of cucumber and pepper at one end of the ribbon
- Place your meat on top
- Slowly roll into “sushi”
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you run out of ingredients
- Enjoy 🙂