Since going paleo there have been few foods that I’ve craved, however, over the last week or so I’ve been dying to get my hands on some sushi! I’m also a huge fan of mooli wraps, so the inspiration for this paleo friendly “sushi” mainly came from them! It’s so simple to make, yet it looks ridiculously impressive!
1/8 of a Cucumber
1/4 Red Pepper
Your choice of meat/seafood: I went with a darn salmon baked in lemon juice, garlic and pepper.
- Ribbon the courgette with the peeler and roll into small tubes
- Peel the carrot, chop it in half and then peel the flat side of the half to make ribbons, don’t worry if they aren’t perfect they don’t need to be!
- Cut off the skin of the cucumber and slice it into small strips
- Chop the pepper into small strips
- Flake the salmon (or prepare whatever you have chosen)
- Lay out a courgette ribbon, place some carrot strips on top
- Stack 3-4 pieces of cucumber and pepper at one end of the ribbon
- Place your meat on top
- Slowly roll into “sushi”
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you run out of ingredients
- Enjoy 🙂