The weather is beginning to improve which can only mean one thing – BBQ season is almost upon us! These chicken skewers are the perfect thing to chow down on in the interim, you can do them in your oven rather than dusting off the BBQ just yet!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
Macros per serving (recipe serves 2):
5g Carbs, 3.6g Fat & 41.7g Protein
350g of chicken breast, cut into strips
6-8 button mushrooms (110g)
1/2 red onion (60g)
1 tsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- In a bowl combine the olive oil with the herbs and spices.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and coat in the marinade.
- Leave to sit for 20 minutes until the flavours have infused.
- In the meantime pre-heat your grill/broiler to high.
- Thread the chicken onto some wooden skewers with the mushrooms and onions and place on a wire rack.
- Grill/broil for 12-14 minutes until fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!