Lamb Cutlets with Chimichurri Sauce
I absolutely adore lamb it’s one of my favourite meats, bursting full of flavour and cooks in minutes. What I love about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to prepare. It is one of my favourite mid-week staples as it takes less than ten minutes from fridge to table and is perfect for al fresco dining during the last few weeks of the summer!
Lamb is such a versatile meat, used in so many different cuisines across the world. Here I’ve chosen to pair it with chimichurri which is an Argentinian accompaniment normally served as an uncooked sauce. Using it as a marinade is an absolute game changer, I really feel that you can never have enough of it, and it’s delicious with lamb.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
8 to 12 lamb cutlets
1 small onion
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
1 level tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
Large pinch of piri piri seasoning
1 tsp grated lemon zest
100ml olive oil
3 tbsp sherry vinegar
Pinch of coarse salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the onion and add it to a large bowl with the garlic, herbs, spices, lemon zest, oil and vinegar.
- Blitz until you have a finely chopped sauce, seasoning with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Coat the lamb cutlets in a half of the sauce and leave to rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Remove the lamb from your fridge a little in advance of cooking and allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat a large griddle pan until smoking hot and cook the cutlets for 3-4 minutes a side until the fat is nicely rendered and the meat is cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy with the remaining sauce, lightly browned baby potatoes and mixed leaves.
This is a sponsored post, you can check out loads more tasty lamb recipes here.