It is no secret that I absolutely adore Brussels Sprouts and have been so excited to come up with some new sprout recipes for you guys now that the festive season is approaching!! In the run-up to Thanksgiving and Christmas, this is the perfect dish to master, it works great as part of a big roast dinner although I’ve been having it on the go in a lunch box with some crispy chicken thighs as well as for breakfast too!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Brussels Sprout BakePrint This
- 500g Brussels sprouts
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) ground almonds
- 3 large eggs
- Sprinkle of garlic granules
- Sprinkle ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp olive/coconut oil
- 2 tsp clarified butter/ghee
- Sprinkle of coarse salt
- Preheat your oven to 200°c / 390°F.
- Steam the sprouts for 4-5 minutes until tender, before refreshing under some cold water and slicing into quarters.
- In a large bowl combine the sprouts, onion, ground almonds, cumin, garlic & salt.
- Beat the eggs and combine with the sprout mixture.
- Heat a large skillet pan over a high heat, add the oil and allow to heat before adding the butter/ghee.
- Once the clarified butter/ghee has melted add the sprouts and spread the mixture out across the pan.
- Cook on low for 4-5 minutes before adding to the oven to bake for a further 20 minutes until the eggs are cooked and the bake itself is golden & crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!