I’m a serious fan of savoury breakfasts, whether it’s baked eggs, breakfast bowls, frittatas – you name it! I shared this dish on my Instagram over the weekend a put it to a poll as to whether you would like to see the recipe here so here you are! I hope you love it, it’s a pretty basic one pan wonder which can be adapted to whatever you have on hand!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Brunch BowlPrint This
- 1 leftover chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small sweet potato, cooked
- 200g Brussels sprouts
- 1 pepper, finely sliced
- Large handful of spinach (I used about 100g)
- 1 egg
- Coconut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste - don't be afraid to add other seasoning also like cumin, piri-piri.. whatever you're in the mood for!
- In a large pan add 1/2 tsp of coconut oil, slice the potato and add to the pan to crisp for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the peppers and saute for 2-3 minutes on a until tender.
- Steam or power boil the sprouts for roughly 4 minutes and set aside to cool slightly before slicing in half.
- Halve the sprouts and add the pan to crisp up, slice the chicken and add it to the pan also.
- Finally add the spinach and cook until wilted before adding all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Heat the pan again with some more coconut oil and fry the egg to your liking, place on top and enjoy!