Chicken fajitas are one of my favourite mid-week dinners! I love putting together all of the different side dishes, popping them down in the middle of the table and letting everyone help themselves! Better still there is always a heap of leftovers which are perfect to meal prep!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp oregano
4 tbsp olive oil
3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 jalapeño, finely chopped
1/2 beef tomato, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped plus extra to serve
Juice of 1/2 lime
Sautéed pepper & onion: 1 white onion finely sliced, 2 peppers finely sliced, 1 tsp coconut oil.
Pico De Galo: 1/2 red onion – diced, 1/2 beef tomato – diced, sprinkle of cracked black pepper.
2 heads of baby gem lettuce seperated into leaves
- In a large bowl combine all of the spices and the olive oil before adding the chicken and setting aside for about 20 minutes to marinade.
- In the meantime prepare all of your side dishes; For the guac, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and set a side.
- To make the peppers and onions; heat a wok or small pan with some coconut oil and sweat down the onions for about 5 minute, add in the peppers, reduce the heat all the way down and allow to cook away while the chicken is being prepared, stirring occasionally.
- For the pico de galo; simply combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix!
- Heat a large griddle pan and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes a side until fully cooked adding some oil to the pan if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!