This week I made my return to Ireland AM (you can watch the clip here!) and I whipped up what has become my lockdown staple – crispy sea bass with crispy spuds teamed with Chimichurri sauce.
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve made endless batches of crispy potatoes be it cubes, fries or even curly fries, Irish Rooster Potatoes are just so good – I can’t believe there was ever a time where I shied away from eating them!
Believe me when I say I’ve made up for lost time with the copious amounts I’ve been going through!
Crispy sea bass also has to be one of my favourite things EVER – the key? Pat the fillets until there are bone dry and ensure your pan is piping hot!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I have been!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Crispy Sea Bass & Crispy Spuds with Chimichurri SaucePrint This
- 4 sea bass fillets
- 4-6 rooster potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 level tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Large pinch of piri piri seasoning
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 100ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Olive oil for cooking
- Pinch of coarse salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a large ovenproof dish, lay out the potatoes, toss in 2 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until fully cooked, turning regularly.
- To make the sauce, roughly chop the onion and add it to a large bowl with the garlic, herbs, spices, lemon zest, oil and vinegar.
- Blitz until you have a finely chopped sauce, seasoning with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- For the sea bass heat a large frying pan until hot then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season the fish, place it into the pan skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes until almost cooked through and the skin is golden and crispy.
- Flip onto the opposite side, reduce the temperature and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes until cooked all the way through.
- Serve and enjoy with the potatoes and sauce!!