A few days ago I came across this BAE phenomenon – Eggs in the clouds and I’ve been dying to try it out ever since!!! I did a bit of research into them and decided to try out what seems to be the standard recipe! This morning I got up an hour early to make them and they did not disappoint!! I’m really excited to try out some different combinations over the next couple of mornings! You won’t believe how filling they are either!!
Handful of chives – finely chopped
Finely chopped lardons
Handful of rocket
- Preheat the oven to 230°c and line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a small pan heat ½ tsp of coconut oil and fry off the lardons until crispy and cooked through. Set them aside to cool.
- Separate the eggs, placing the egg whites together in a large bowl and the yokes in 4 separate bowls.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs whites until stiff,
take a rubber spatula and gently fold in the lardons and chives.
- Place 4 separate piles of the mixture onto the baking tray and using a metal spoon scoop out the middle so that they look almost like mini volcanoes.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and gently place the yokes in the holes, sprinkle with some black pepper and bake for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! I had a small handful of rocket to mine!