Chicken & Pumpkin Curry – Pumpkin season is upon us and in the run up to Halloween, this is the perfect meal to curl up on the couch with!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30.
4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 cups of pumpkin, diced
1 red pepper, finely sliced
2 shallots, finely diced
1 red chili, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground fenugreek
1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
- Heat a large wok or pan with the olive oil and brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes a side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add a little more olive oil to the wok/pan and add the spices, cook gently for 2 minutes before adding the shallots, garlic and chili and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next add the pumpkin and peppers, stir until it is covered in the spice mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin has started to soften add the tomatoes and the water. Bring the mixture to the boil before reducing to a simmer for 15-20 minutes with the lid on.
- After the mixture has had time to simmer, add in the chicken and the coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken in fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy! Happy Halloween!