I’m beginning to think that recipes involving Frank’s Red Hot get me way too excited!! I literally danced around my kitchen munching on these!!
This recipe is great for using up any left over chicken from a roast, or if you’re not sure what to do with some chicken thighs!
3 chicken thighs or any other kind of pre-cooked chicken
1 large sweet potato
1 clove of garlic – crushed
1/4 cup of Frank’s Original Red Hot
Cracked black pepper
(Optional – salt)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°c, pierce the sweet potato with a fork, wrap in tin-foil with a tiny splash of water and bake for 60-70 minutes – until soft.
- If cooking the chicken thighs from scratch, season the thighs and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden and crispy, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Allow to potato to cool for about 20 minutes before slicing in half, scooping out the inside and chopping into bite sized pieces, season with black pepper.
- Heat a large pan with some coconut oil (roughly 1 tbsp) place the potato flesh side down and crisp for 3-4 minutes before doing the same on the opposite side, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat a small pan with 1/2 tsp of coconut oil, add the garlic, saute for roughly 1 minute before adding the smashed avocado, cook for a further 2-3 minutes before removing from the heat and placing on top of the skins.
- Tear the chicken away from the bone, heat a small dry pan and add the chicken, crisp it up before adding the hot sauce and cooking for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Pop the chicken on top of the avocado, serve and enjoy!!