Crunchy Courgette Fries
Because everyone needs a mid-week pick me up!
1/4 cup of coconut flour
1/2 tsp Coriander leaf
1/2 tsp Ground cumin
1/2 tsp Dried thyme
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut the courgette into fries, leaving the skin on.
- In a large bowl combine all of the spices and the coconut flour.
- In another bowl whisk the egg.
- Coat the courgette “fries” in the flour mixture.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil until melted, then turn it down to a low heat.
- One by one coat the fries in the egg, then again in the flour before placing on the pan.
- Cook at a very low heat for 1-2 minutes a side until golden brown.
- Place the fries on some kitchen roll to absorb any excess oil and cook the second half in the remaining coconut oil.
- Serve and enjoy!