Lemon & Thyme Chicken Thighs
These Lemon & Thyme Chicken Thighs are so moist and delicious! Everyone is bound to love them! A seriously delicious hearty meal now that the summer is coming to an end!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
6-8 chicken thighs
200ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 full lemon sliced
Handful of fresh thyme
Coconut oil or Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
- Heat a pan with you chosen oil and place the chicken skin down on high for 6-8 minutes until golden and crispy. You will most likely have to do this in two batches – don’t over crowd the pan for the sake of saving time!
- Once the skin is nice and crispy flip of the chicken and seal on the opposite side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place in an oven-proof dish.
- In a bowl combine the stock, lemon juice, zest and the garlic.
- Place the lemon slices around the chicken, gently pour the stock mixture into the dish making sure that is only gets on the base of the dis and not on the crispy chicken skin!
- Scatter the thyme over the dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the chicken if cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!!