I absolutely adore Chili Con Carne, this version ticks all the boxes – it’s Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole30 Approved! And above all unbelievably scrumptious!
1 cup walnuts
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp hot chili powder
Large red onion, finely chopped
1/2 aubergine, cut into chunks
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can of tinned tomatoes
1 can tomato puree
1/2 cup of vegetable stock
1/2 head of cauliflower
- Add the walnuts and herbs to a food processor. Blend for approximately 30 seconds until the nuts are well chopped.
- Add the spices and blend again until combined.
- Heat a large pan with some coconut oil and saute the onion until it starts to become translucent.
- Add the aubergine and continue to saute until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, puree, stock and garlic to the pan and heat for 2-3 minutes until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Transfer all of the ingredients to a large pot, stir in the nut mixture, bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the aubergine is nicely softened.
- In the meantime prepare the cauliflower by boiling for 5-6 minutes until tender, strain off the water and add to a food processor and blend until “riced”.
- Serve with a basil garnish and enjoy!