A Caesar Salad Cardini would go mad for!
The Paleo Caesar 2.0
I absolutely adore all types of salads and am constantly experimenting with well known classics.
This is set to be my favourite one yet!
For the salad:
1 large sweet potato
3 slices of turkey bacon (or regular if you prefer)
1 head of cos / romaine lettuce
Small handful of pine nuts
Himalayan pink salt & cracked black pepper
1 tsp Coconut oil
1 tbsp Garlic & Chilli Oil
For the dressing:
4 tbsp dark tahini
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp whole grain mustard
1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Cut the sweet potato into chunks leaving the skin on, toss in 1 tbsp of Garlic & Chilli Oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the sweet potato for 10 minutes before flipping and cooking for a further 10-15 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, heat a griddle pan with 1 tsp of coconut oil and cook the turkey.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Chop the lettuce and add to a large bowl.
- Toss the lettuce in the dressing.
- Place in a bowl for serving, add in the sweet potato, shred the bacon and place on top.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small dry pan and sprinkle over the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!