Hearty Irish Stew perfect for Saint Patrick’s day!
A simple and delicious meal that the entire family can enjoy.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
350g good quality lean lamb pieces
1/2 large white onion, roughly chopped
3 baby leeks, diced
1 carrot, peeled and cut into rings
1 small sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
3/4 cup vegetable stock
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 bay leaf
Handful of fresh parsley & thyme
- In a large pot heat the olive oil, add the lamb to brown and season well, adding a splash of water if necessary.
- Once the lamb has sealed, add the onions and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, sweet potato, leek.
- Pour in the stock and the water, bring to the boil and gently simmer for roughly 45 minutes – until the meat and vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Leave to rest before serving, ideally this dish should be made a day in advance for maximum flavour.