Super friendly shortbread
For those with allergies Easter can be somewhat of a nightmare! In light of this I’ve come up with these alternative treats that are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo, Nut Free, Egg Free and AIP friendly! They really are super friendly and delicious!
You can always dip them in some dark chocolate for that extra little bit of boldness!
1/2 cup of Coconut flour (plus a little extra for dusting before serving!)
1 tbsp Arrowroot flour
4 tbsp Agave nectar
4 tbsp Water
1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Coconut oil, melted
Sprinkle of coarse salt
- Preheat your oven to 160°c/325°F.
- Sieve the coconut flour and arrowroot flour into a large bowl and add the salt – create a well with the mixture.
- In a small bowl combine all of the liquids.
- Add half of the liquids to the well and mix thoroughly, add the remaining liquids and mix until a dough has formed.
- Separate the dough into 3-4 large balls and lay out on parchment.
- Taking one ball at a time, place another piece of parchment and roll out the shortbread.
- Cut into your desired shapes and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the over for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies onto a wire rack while still on the parchment. They will still be slightly soft at this stage so take care!
- Allow to cool fully and harden slightly before enjoying!