A healthy spin on a classic, that is just as rich you will hardly be able to tell the difference!
It is a serious game changer in the kitchen and will transform any plate!
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp water
4 tbsp coconut oil, solid
Juice of 1/4-1/2 a lemon
Salt & pepper to season.
- Set up a large saucepan filled with water, allow to boil and then reduce to a low simmer.
- In a large bowl whisk together the yolks and the water, place over the saucepan – allow the yolks to cook gentle for 1-2 minutes, whisking continuously.
- One by one add the tablespoons of coconut oil, whisking constantly until each has melted before adding the next.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice, starting with 1/4 of a lemon and adding more to taste. This will depend on how lemony you like your sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Serve immediately or set aside off the heat until you are ready to serve, just before serving place the bowl back on top of the saucepan and allow to heat gently.