Cracklin’ Chicken Salad
Cracklin’ Chicken Salad ft. Shake it up Paleo Salad Dressing – the perfect Spring salad!
I’m on a serious Cracklin’ Chicken buzz at the moment, I really just can’t get enough!! A lot of people tend to fry theirs but I find that unless you stand over it for the entire time it has the potential to dry out. Pop it in the oven and sit back and relax knowing something amazing is about to come out!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved – enjoy!
For the Salad:
4-6 Chicken Thighs
1 Large bag of mixed leaves
1 Mango, peeled and diced
A couple of handfuls of hazelnuts, lightly toasted
1 tbsp Garlic & chilli oil
Himalayan pink salt & cracked black pepper
For the Dressing:
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3-4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
1/2 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
1/2 – 1 tbsp Agave Nectar (omit for Whole30)
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
- Drizzle the garlic & chilli oil onto a baking tray, add the chicken to the tray and coat in the oil, season with salt and pepper before baking in the oven for 30-35 minutes, checking regularly until cooked through.
- At this point remove any excess oil from the tray.
- Turn on the grill/broiler function of your oven and place the tray on a high shelf to crisp the skin for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes, while you prepare the salad.
- In a large bowl add the mixed leaves and toss in the mango.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a small jar, secure the lid and shake well.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad, add the hazelnuts and toss.
- Dish out the salad into serving bowls.
- Chop the chicken into strips and place on top of the salad.
- Lather the chicken with the remaining dressing, serve and enjoy!