I am a huge fan of no-bake baking! This cake is the ultimate indulgence, it’s beyond delicious & the perfect thing to have on hand for when an urge for chocolately goodness strikes! A decadent dessert perfect to serve this Easter.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan & Paleo.
The No Bake Chocolate CakePrint This
- For the base: 1 cup of nuts of your choice, I used cashews (150g)
- 6 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 cups dates
- Optional: 2 heaped tbsp cashew butter or your preferred nut butter of choice
- Ganache: 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- To garnish: Salt & Flaked almonds
- In your food processor blend the nuts, cacao powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, ground almonds & coconut flakes until they form a powder.
- Add the dates and blend until the mixture is combined, adding about 2-3 tbsp of water & some nut butter to help it bind together.
- Press the cake mix into a baking tray and allow to set in the fridge.
- Once the mix has had time to set, remove from the fridge and begin making the ganache by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread the ganache over the cake & top with some flaked almonds & a small sprinkle of coarse salt.
- Slice and serve!