Paleo Flourless Chocolate Fondant
These fondants are so light and fluffy – a truly sinless tasting treat!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
350g Dark chocolate (plus 4 squares)
5 tbsp Agave nectar
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tsp vinegar – Top tip from Cooks Academy – wipe out your egg whites bowl with vinegar first!
- Place the chocolate and the coconut oil in a bowl and melt over a bain maire.
- Wipe out the egg whites bowl with vinegar.
- Separate the eggs.
- Add the agave to the yolks and whisk for 3-4 minutes until the yolks are pale.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form meringue like peaks.
- Fold the chocolate into the yolks.
- Gently fold the whites into the yolk mixture, place in a piping bag and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/356°f.
- Cut out 4 small squares of parchment and place on a baking tray. Place molds on top and line with parchment – ensuring that the bottom of the parchment is straight to avoid leakages.
- Pipe the mixture into the molds.
- Drop a square of chocolate into the middle of the fondants to ensure a gooey centre.
- Bake in the over for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!