It’s no secret that I absolutely adore chicken wings – I am constantly experimenting with different combinations. I’m loving Asian style flavours at the moment, these are the perfect weekend indulgence to share with friends!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo and can be adapted to suit Whole30.
16-18 chicken wings (900g)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 chili, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup honey (omit for Whole30 and sub fresh orange juice)
3 tbsp sesame oil
1 spring onion finely chopped
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
- In a large bowl add the olive oil and cayenne pepper and stir into a paste, coat the wings in the paste.
- Place the wings on a baking tray and bake skin side up for 8 minutes, flip the wings and bake for a further 8 minutes on the opposite side.
- In a small saucepan add the chili, garlic, honey and sesame oil and heat gently until infused.
- Remove the wings from the oven and switch to the grill (broiler) setting.
- Turn all of the wings skin side up and baste with the dressing.
- Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with the spring onion and sesame seeds and enjoy!