Last week at Cooks Academy we had to come up with a salad to team with our lunch – I came up with this and just had to share it with you!
The perfect dish now that BBQ season is approaching!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan & Whole30 Approved.
3 Baby Potatoes, thinly sliced
Handful of Rocket leaves
3 Button Mushrooms, finely sliced
1 Shallot, diced
4 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
Small bunch of rosemary, stalks removed
Pinch of coarse salt (optional)
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil, add the potatoes and rosemary (keeping back some for garnish). Fry the potatoes for roughly 3 mins a side until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Sprinkle with some salt and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and shallots to the pan and fry off until nicely browned.
- In another pan heat the add the garlic and remaining oil and gently warm until the garlic has infused.
- Pass the garlic oil through a sieve and mix with the balsamic.
- Toss the rocket leaves in the dressing and add to a small bowl.
- Place the mushrooms and shallot on top.
- Followed by the potatoes, garnish with any left over rosemary and enjoy!