The Ultimate Roast Lamb
There is nothing more enjoyable than a beautiful roast dinner at the weekends! I absolutely love sitting down to a big plate piled high with goodness!! This recipe will take you through how to make the perfect rack of lamb that will wow whoever you choose to share it with!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
1 rack of lamb: mine was 800g and would feed 2-3 people
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp thyme
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/360°F.
- Score the fat on your rack of lamb from left to right in 2cm strips, turn it the other way and repeat in the opposite direction.
- Once have done this heat a large pan with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle the lamb with some coarse salt and place fat side down on the hot pan for 3-4 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Seal the opposite side of the rack and each end for 1-2 minutes before placing in an oven proof dish.
- Rub the garlic and herbs into the lamb and place in the oven.
- The cooking time will depend on the size of your rack of lamb. The recommended cooking time is 30 minutes per 500g and 20 minutes over. I did mine for 35 minutes and it was delicious!
- Allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing, serve with you favourite sides and enjoy!