Brilliant Beef Burgers
For me, there is nothing better than a big juicy burger, loads of avocado and huge helping of sweet potato fries when you are in need of a serious feed! The addition of a portobello ‘bun’ to the mix makes this the ultimate feast! Trust me when I say you will be doing your mushrooms like this from now on!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
370g Lean beef mince
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 Small onion, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp Italian herbs
4-5 Portobello mushrooms
Sprinkle of coarse salt and cracked black pepper
Coconut or Olive Oil.
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
- In a large bowl combine the mince, onion, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands divide the mince into 4-5 sections and shape into patties.
- Place the mushrooms stalk side down on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. (You can add a little oil to your baking tray if you wish but personally I prefer not to!)
- Flip and cook for a further 5 minutes stalk side up.
- Heat a large griddle pan on high, with 1/2 tbsp of your chosen oil.
- Add the burgers to the griddle pan and cook for about a minute before turning the heat down and cooking for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Turn up the heat again, flip the burgers and cook for about a minute before turning down the heat once more and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the burgers have cooked through to your liking.
- Serve with all of your favourite toppings, the mushrooms as your bun and a generous helping of Sweet Potato Fries! Enjoy!