Chicken Ramen is one of my favourite things to get when I’m eating out, it’s so warming and delicious – total comfort in a bowl! I do always ask for no noodles and extra veggies which can trigger some funny responses but it’s the way I like it! I was really craving it this week so decided to make my own version, I’ve since had it with even more veggies added as leftovers and it is magical so don’t be shy try it out with spiralised carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, squash you name it!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Chicken RamenPrint This
- 1 portion of chicken or vegetable stock (500ml)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3-4 courgettes/zucchini spiralised
- 400g pak choy
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- Large pinch of coarse salt
- Chopped chillies to serve
- Begin by making the stock, you can find the instructions here, I also added 4 cloves of garlic to mine.
- Once the broth has finished cooking, strain the mixture and discarding the vegetables & chicken bones.
- Bring the broth to the boil and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- In a large pan heat the coconut oil, coat the chicken breasts in the herbs and spices, with a good pinch of coarse salt and cook on the pan for 5-6 minutes a side until fully cooked.
- Once you are ready to serve your ramen, add the zoodles to the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pak choy and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour the broth and veggies into some bowls and serve with sliced chicken on top and fresh chillies on the side, enjoy!