Lamb and Chia Meatballs
Lamb and Chia Meatballs, I absolutely adore meatballs! Last week I had the pleasure of Guest Blogging for Chia Bia, this is one of the recipes I came up with for them and I just had to share it with you here too!
The addition of Chia Seeds in this recipe adds a wealth of micro nutrients along with extra fiber, protein and omega-3. This is such a quick and easy dinner, perfect for munching on mid-week and great the next day in a lunch box!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
For the meat balls:
500g lamb mince
½ a pepper finely diced
½ an onion, finely diced
¼ cup milled chia seeds
Large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red chili, finely sliced
For the sauce:
600ml tomato pasatta
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ chili, finely sliced
Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
For the zoodles:
4 courgettes, spiralised
Coconut or Olive oil
- Place all of the ingredients for the sauce in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Bring to the boil before reducing to a simmer and allow to cook while you prepare everything else.
- To make the meatballs, in a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and ensure that the mixture is well mixed.
- Add in the meat and mix thoroughly, line a baking tray with some parchment and begin to shape the meat mixture into meat balls. This recipe yields 8-10.
- Heat a large pan with your chosen oil, add 3-4 meatballs to the pan and cook on high for 30-40 seconds before reducing the heat and placing a lid on top of them for 4 minutes, turn up the heat, flip them over and repeat on the opposite side until fully cooked. Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside, while you cook you the remaining meatballs in batches of 3-4.
- Serve with the zoodles, either raw or lightly sautéed and a generous helping of the tomato sauce and enjoy!