I have fallen head over heals with baked aubergine in the last 2-3 weeks, so much so that I have been sitting down to plates of it by itself! Aubergines are such fantastic vegetables – they work great as a side dish in place of sweet potato/cauliflower. This seasoning is my current favourite, you have got to try it out!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole30.
2 large aubergines
2-3 tsp olive oil
3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian herbs
1 tsp piri piri seasoning
Sprinkle of coarse salt
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/ 390°F.
- Slice and score the aubergines.
- Mix the olive oil together with the spices and salt before basting the aubergine slices with the mixture.
- Lay them out in an oven proof dish.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden and delicious!