My weeknight meals have 3 boxes to tick; quick, easy & delicious. This Buttery Pan-fried Hake certainly ticks all 3! I especially love making a double portion of this and bringing it in my bag for lunch on the go!
This recipe Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30
Buttery Pan-fried HakePrint This
- 1 hake fillet
- 250g sprouts
- 2 slices of back bacon
- 200g button mushrooms
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 20g grassfed butter
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp garlic granules
- Coarse salt & black pepper
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tsp coconut oil and fry off the bacon until crispy and golden.
- In the meantime steam the sprouts for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and add the mushrooms, oregano, garlic granules and a pinch of coarse salt.
- Lightly saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until they start to brown, slice the bacon into strips, half the sprouts and add to the pan.
- Finish off with a small knob of the butter and set aside while you prepare the fish.
- To cook the hake, heat a large frying pan with the remaining coconut oil until piping hot.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, finish off by monteing au beurre!
Aka, add the remainder to the pan, allow it to melt and spoon it over the fish.
- Serve and enjoy with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.