Buttery Lemon & Garlic Steak
This buttery lemon and garlic steak is ridiculously delicious! I adore steak and would rarely have any type of sauce with it, but I think I might have to have all my steaks this way from now on!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved
Steaks of your choice, I went with a ribeye and it was perfection!
1-2 large white onions, finely sliced
2 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of olive oil
1/4 cup of water
Sprinkle of coarse salt
Marinade per person:
2 tbsp clarified butter, ghee or grassfed butter of your choice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
Small handful of parsley, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Heat a medium pan with the coconut oil, add in the onions and sauté on high for 1-2 minutes, add in the water and reduce the heat, allow to cook while you prepare everything else.
- Remove your steak(s) from the fridge and allow to come up to room temperature.
- In a small bowl combine all of the marinade ingredients and heat for 1 minute until the flavours have combined.
- Heat a large griddle pan with some olive oil until smoking hot, season one side of you steak with some coarse salt, place the steak seasoned side down onto the griddle pan and cook to your liking.
- Flip the steak half way through and when it had about 1-2 minutes cooking time left reduce the heat right down and pour the marinade over it, finish cooking and set aside to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- By now your onions should be nice and caramelised.
- Plate up and enjoy!