Rainbow Breakfast Bowl
I absolutely adore breakfast bowls! They are great way of getting lots of veggies in in the morning, I’ve even been known to tuck into them as a last minute dinner during the week too!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
Large handful of rainbow chard
1 Small sweet potato, chopped into cubes
4 Brussels sprouts
50g bacon pieces
Pinch of Maldron Salt
- In a large pan add 1 tsp of coconut oil, saute the chard for 2-3 minutes on a high heat before adding a splash of water and reducing the temperature and cooking until tender.
- Steam or power boil the sprouts for roughly 2 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In another pan heat another tsp of coconut oil and fry off the sweet potato until golden and crispy adding a sprinkle of coarse salt.
- Set aside the potato and add the bacon to the pan, once the bacon is fully cooked and nice and crispy remove from the pan.
- Halve the sprouts and add the pan to crisp up, add the bacon and mix.
- Place the chard, sweet potato, bacon and sprouts in a large bowl.
- Heat the pan again with some more coconut oil and fry the egg to your liking, place on top and enjoy!