Pan Fried Dover Sole
You may have seen on my social channels that I recently appeared on TV3’s The Restaurant as a guest taste tester. My best friend Naomi & I had an absolutely fantastic evening, the highlight of which was without a doubt the main course. Dover Sole with langoustines!
I am a serious seafood lover and was so excited to try this dish and it was fantastic! My initial thought when I saw the plate was where are the side dishes, but once I tried everything on the plate there was no need for anything else – it was pure perfection!
I came across a lovely piece of Dover Sole in the supermarket a week or two after the filming and immediately picked it up to recreate the dish. Huge thank you to Anton Savage for the inspiration for this recipe!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
1 Dover Sole fish
1 tsp olive oil
15g grass fed or clarified butter
1/4 tbsp lemon zest
4 tbsp lemon juice
Coarse salt & cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and combine with the lemon zest and juice, some coarse salt & black pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil, season the fish with some coarse salt and once the pan is piping hot add the fish.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on high before reducing the temperature and cooking for a further 4 minutes.
- Higher the heat up once more and flip the fish, again cooking for 1-2 minutes before reducing the heat.
- Cook for 2 more minutes before adding the butter mixture to the pan and coating the fish in it.
- Remove the fish from the pan leaving the butter mixture behind.
- Allow the fish to rest while you saute the samphire in the butter mixture for 3-4 minutes until nicely softened and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy! If you missed the episode, you can catch it here.