Hello there and a very happy New Year to you! This year I’m kicking off the year with a super quick and easy recipe that is great for meal prepping when you’re tight on time! Salmon is usually my go to fish for speedy mid-week meals closely followed by sea bass, more recently I’ve been changing things up with things like my Buttery Pan-fried Hake and this is my latest favourite! It’s so light and refreshing, I’ve been doubling it up and having the leftovers with some mixed leaves and balsamic the next day, it’s delicious!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
For those of you taking part in the January Whole30 be sure to check out my GIANT archive of Whole30 recipes here! You are bound to find something you will love 🙂
Baked Cod FilletsPrint This
- 2 large pieces of cod, cut into chunks (this recipe also works great with hake!)
- 10-15 Santini tomatoes, halved (you can use cherry if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp/20g grass-fed butter (sub ghee for Whole30)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Large handful of basil, finely chopped
- Coarse salt & black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/400°F
- Add the butter and the garlic to a large bowl & heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the cod, tomatoes & basil to the butter mixture and stir until everything is nicely coated.
- Lay the mixture out evenly in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with some salt & pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the fish is fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!