Homemade Mayonnaise is an absolute cupboard staple. This Healthy Homemade Mayo is great for dipping, perfect for the holiday season! And delicious with my Sweet Potato Fries. The key to good mayonnaise is patience, whisk continuously with one hand while slowly adding the oil at a steady pace with the other. Don’t be tempted to throw the last drop in all at once!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
2 egg yolks
250ml of your chosen oil, I find that ½ olive oil, ½ avocado oil is the perfect combination!
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ tsp yellow mustard
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt (optional)
To this standard recipe you can then add different flavour combinations – I love Garlic and Herb! Simply stir in 2 cloves of crushed garlic and 1 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, both basil & parsley work great!
- Begin by whisking the egg yolks and vinegar together.
- Secure your bowl so that it will stay still. Whisk the yolks with one hand while gradually adding the oil bit by bit with the other hand.
- Once you have finished adding all of your oil, continue to whisk until you have your desired thickness.
- Add in the mustard and lemon juice, taste and season to your liking.
- Serve as is or add your desired flavourings.
- Store in a steralised container for 3-5 days.