Stir Fried Bistro Steak – I saw bistro steak in the supermarket over the weekend and decided to try it out, and let me tell you I’m glad I did! Bistro Rump Steak benefits from being cut across the meat grain, making it juicy, tender and delicious! All it needs is a little bit of coarse salt & pepper once grilled or cooked on the BBQ, but naturally I couldn’t stop myself at just that, I’ve had sumac in my press for months and I keep meaning to test it out, so I decided to try two new things at once which led to this recipe. It really is joy on a plate, I hope you love it.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Stir Fried Bistro SteakPrint This
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 pieces of Bistro Steak (or your preferred cut), cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 coconut aminos
- Large pinch coarse salt & black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Corridander to serve (optional)
- Heat a large wok or frying pan with the coconut oil.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic, saute for 2-3 minutes with a dash of water if needed.
- Remove the vegetables & set aside before adding the steak to the wok with a good pinch of coarse salt & pepper and allow to seal for about 30 secs a side.
- Next add the all spice, cinnamon & sumac and coat the beef before stirring in the coconut aminos.
- Add the vegetables and mix until combined, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the beef is cooked to your liking, serve with a sprinkle of coriander and enjoy!