These DIY burgers are perfect for a crowd, you can prepare loads of different toppings and have great fun creating your own combination!
This Recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
For the Burgers themselves:
500g of Lean turkey mince
1 Red onion
1 Red pepper
Handful of fresh coriander
11/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp Ground coriander
1/2 tsp Turmeric
Fillings: (all optional)
Button Mushrooms – chopped (sautéed in Garlic & Chili Oil)
1 Beef Tomato – chopped
2 Large sweet potatoes washed and chopped into “fries”
Coconut oil and Olive oil.
- Mix all the spices and heat in a small pan
over a low hob for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red onion, pepper and coriander to a blender and pulse until finely chopped.
- Combine the meat, spices and red onion mix in a bowl and shape in to burgers – makes approx. 6.
- Leave the burgers to rest and prepare your chosen fillings.
- Melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil and toss the sweet potato in it. Add to the oven at 220°c/425°F for 20-25 mins turning occasionally.
- Heat a pan with approx. 2 tsp of olive oil and cook the burgers for 5-7 minutes a side, depending on how thick you’ve made them.
- Serve and enjoy!