I love potatoes, literally love them, especially baby potatoes in the summer time! I’ve spoken before on my Instagram Stories about how I steam them in the microwave for a speedy mid-week meal, however when I have a little more time I like to be a bit adventurous – and as a result I am sharing these delicious Smashed Garlic Spuds.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Smashed Garlic SpudsPrint This
- 1kg of Baby Potatoes
- 10-12 Cloves of Garlic
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Italian herbs
- Sea Salt & cracked black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- 1-2 tbsp Ghee
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/390°f.
- Grease a roasting tray with olive oil and set aside before steaming the baby potatoes for about 10-12 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Place the potatoes onto the roasting tray and use a fork to smash them.
- Add the garlic to the tray along with another drizzle of oil before sprinkling generously with salt & pepper along with the Italian herbs.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove from the oven, baste with a generous helping of ghee, switch your oven to the grill/broiler setting and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until crispy, serve and enjoy!- I adore squeezing the garlic cloves out of their skin and eating as is, they are divine!